Confidentiality and Data Protection
We will at all times treat information concerning you as highly confidential and will process your personal data fairly and lawfully in accordance with the principles of the relevant applicable data protection legislation but reserve the right to disclose any information which we are legally obliged to under any relevant statutory provision. We may need to provide relevant information to insurance companies and underwriters to enable quotes to be provided, cover to be arranged and claims to be processed. The insurance company may also be required to pass on certain information to other insurers for underwriting and claims purposes. Information may also be passed to credit reference agencies with regard to arranging direct debit payments or regarding your credit history.
Under the Data Protection (Jersey) Law, 2005 you have the right to request access to any personal data relating to you that is held by us. We reserve the right to charge for fulfilling such information requests. Should we hold sensitive personal data, i.e. medical information, you may be required to sign an explicit consent form.
Vantage Limited, Vantage Insurance Brokers Limited and Vantage Pension Trustees Limited form part of the Vantage group of companies (the “Group”). The Group provides a range of professional services and by transacting business with us you agree to personal data held by any Vantage group company being shared for marketing purposes with other companies within the Group. Please do not hesitate to contact the Managing Director if you have any queries or if you do not wish to have your personal data shared with the Group.
Investment Risk Warnings
The material on this site is for information purposes only and provides background to the risks inherent in a range of financial instruments that may be available to you as a client of Vantage Limited. You should ensure that you fully understand the nature of such investments and the potential risks relevant to them.
Investments of any kind have risks attached. World events can have catastrophic effects on what some may consider to be viewed as even the lowest risk investment products. We would also bring to your attention the following:
- Past performance is not necessarily a guide to future performance.
- The value of your investments can rise and fall.
- You may not get back the amount you originally invested.
- Income received from your investments may rise and fall and may not be guaranteed.
- Taxation rates and tax reliefs can change over time.
- Some funds, such as emerging markets, commodities, hedge funds and funds that hold other currencies other than sterling can offer even greater risks to your capital. They also may deal infrequently and may delay redemption.
- Your risk reward attitude may change with market sentiment or change in personal circumstances, therefore you must inform us of these changes immediately and arrange a review of your investments.
- Failure to disclose any personal health information on applications for life or critical illness insurance policies can result in non-payment of benefits.
Our Professionally qualified investment advisors will aim to advise on the right investments to suite your personal circumstances by completing a comprehensive fact find. Should you not wish the fact find to be completed in full, it will be noted that advice has been given on a “limited” basis only.